Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Tree House


A tree house it is!

We wanted something more for the kids to do outside. We decided on a tree house.

My son wanted a trapdoor, and the authority to keep his sisters out. (We agreed on the trapdoor).

My daughters, especially the youngest, wanted a slide. How about a fast one?

Grandma K had given us a cargo net.

My wife wanted the patio shelf/barrier/why-did-they-put-that-there-thing gone. Some of the wood could be reused.

Dad always needs another project.

And, of course, we already had the tree.

So, a few hours (plus a few hours more), and the consulting designers, chief helpers, and final arbiters get a chance to try it out. I think I see smiles.



4 comments:

  1. Really cool project and excellent outcome. Luck Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've braced the house against the trunk of the tree. It reminds me of Swiss Family Robinson. It looks so fun. Good for you! All of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. We can hardly wait for the first sleep out in the tree house.

    ReplyDelete