Saturday, April 17, 2010

Soccer Saturday

Today was a soccer Saturday. My son's game was first at 9:00. Then our daughter had two games, one right after the other. I get a kick watching my children play. By the end, my voice was hoarse. It is normal for me to be one of those cheering parents, but this year I have the added excuse of being the coach.

Important coaching words: To the goalie: "You can pick up the ball. Use your hands." To a forward: "No, we're going the other way".

I shared right in the joy of the team when they scored, especially my daughter's team's first goal -they had had a tough time last week, being on the less pleasant side of an 11 nothing game.

But of course for the the players the treat still appeared to be the highlight of the day!


3 comments:

  1. Great soccer post. It sure brings it all back. I hope you don't have to run into the parents from h*#@. I'll never forget how 'into it' some parents got at certain sports events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the treats at the end. Now that is worth the effort. Lucky kids to have you both as a cheerleader and a coach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! I'll be you're a good coach, making it fun for the kids. My Todd played one season when he was 5 and I think he thought it was just a big game of chase. He kicked the ball occasionally and was thrilled. He may never have realized what a goal was.

    ReplyDelete