Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Aught Not

I caught myself the other day referring to next year as "oh ten". That made me wonder aloud if the usage of "twenty ten" will start catching on for years this century. My wife said she will be keeping the "two thousand ten" phrasing. I said I like the sound of "twenty ten" and would personally advocate for it. So I must follow through.

Thus with this post, I hereby officially endorse this way of saying the year.

Now, I just need to decide how to refer to these "OH" years we are now leaving. Ought they not have a name with a nice ring? (not naught)

6 comments:

  1. Todd, your ruminations sound exactly how Grandpa (my Dad) would have expressed himself. BTW, I plan to say twenty ten. Good to see you expressing yourself on your blog. I noticed you are a follower of mine. Thanks.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you may want to go into your settings and click off the word verification thingy. Go to dashboard in the upper right corner, then under the name of your blog, click settings, then click comments and find the word verification section. Just a thought. Makes it easier for people to comment, which I plan to do.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Roberta's latest post: click here: Roberta's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dad just mentioned preferring twenty-ten tonight, as well. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sad that people didn't refer to the years in the last decade as aught this and aught that as they did in the last century. I said as much on facebook and a friend replied that we ought to have more aughts. Thought you would like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to be an old lady telling people that I graduated from high school back in "aught two". I also am a twenty-ten person, btw.

    ReplyDelete