Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Mount Daddy Olympus

A recent ritual from my young son:
  • I arrive home and my young son proceeds to ask to climb up the dad.
  • He quickly scales my body with, as yet, no permanent damage done.
  • He pretends to plant a flag in my head, and proclaims:
  • "I have climbed Mount Daddy Olympus, and fallen from it",
  • as he immediately then enacts a fall and laughs as he slides down to my feet.
I have enjoyed these small moments of fun with my son and record it here that I might not forget a little boy full of life creating a homecoming for me.

2 comments:

  1. Just found this. I don't blog anymore either and only use it for memories and pictures I want to save for myself. It's nice to have this here. It shows Tate's great imagination and your connection to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A more recent greeting: my son comes to me from behind and gives me a swat on the bottom, and then proceeds to tell me to my face, “You can’t prove anything!”, with a wink in his voice.

    ReplyDelete