Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

While Janus seemed to balance his two faces evenly in looking back and looking forward, I seem to have a slight bias to looking ahead at the time of New Year.

My family and I have had a very nice New Year's weekend.

With my children, we like to celebrate Nova Scotia New Year because it comes earlier. The kids get to bang pots and pans, shout and go wild and then go to bed before it is too late.

This year, both my two older children made it all the way to Times Square New Year. My daughter even honored the New Year's kiss tradition, but she didn't choose to kiss me, she kissed the dog!

Our family has many good goals for this year. The most looked forward to event at this point is the upcoming birth. My wife has the nursery all ready. She is due on Groundhog's Day, but is hoping he comes earlier than that. If the groundhog sees his shadow, would it mean six more weeks of pregnancy?

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Todd, says me as I chuckle over the groundhog-shadow-pregnancy question).

    ReplyDelete